15th Annual Screen Actor Guild Awards

>> Sunday, January 25, 2009

Well, it's 25 minutes into the 15th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards (SAG's) and I'm bored so far. I've contemplated turning the station (and did give in and flip thru the channels) or just muting the television for awhile. Here I sit, waiting for something interesting. I'm just going to leave this open and check back in to continue this post in a bit (hopefully, after the SAG Awards gets interesting).

32 minutes in...Kate Winslet just won supporting female actor for The Reader. She looks nice. She looks like a real person.

64 minutes in...They're talking about James Earl Jones and how he stuttered as a kid, however, he was able to read a poem without stuttering. Something else I didn't know - he's been on Sesame Street. He won the Life Achievement Award.

81 minutes in...Laura Linney just won a SAG for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Mini-series (John Adams).

93 minutes in...hope my laptop battery lasts another half hour!

98 minutes...Outstanding Performance Male Actor in a Supporting Role went to Heath Ledger. That still makes me sad. It's been a year and I still have a hard time believing he's gone. He was very talented. I haven't seen Dark Knight. I thought it'd be too upsetting. That makes me a sap I think.

Oooh...Brad Pitt is standing up there right now. It took one hour and 40 minutes but there he is. He's a handsome man. He and Angelina Jolie are a beautiful couple. I don't really care how/when they got together. That is between him, Angelina, and Jennifer Aniston and nobody else. It was several years ago; there are at least two sides to everything and nobody but them are really going to know what really happened or when it happened. It's time to just move on.

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role: Meryl Streep for Doubt (her 2nd win). We just rented Mamma Mia. I thought it wasn't going to be an interesting movie when it started but I was wrong. Mamma Mia was a fun movie.

Katie Holmes is presenting Male Actor in a Leading Role. The Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role went to Sean Penn (Milk). His first SAG win.

I'm off to bed now. It's past my bedtime.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP